Once you have entered your location above, please then select it again from the dropdown results before clicking “Search”.
Welcome to the search engine for volunteering within Falkirk!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most volunteering opportunities and roles have been suspended.
However, as restrictions are lifted more opportunities are becoming become available, with organisations seeking volunteers more than ever to support their activities. Please check out this page on a regular basis as we highlight the opportunities coming online, including:
- Another role for folk who would like to help support community members who are working to overcome their issues with drugs and/or alcohol – this time as a Recovery Volunteer. The Recovery Volunteer will help out with local Recovery Cafes and other events aimed at getting people together for enjoyable and meaningful activities and to receive support during their recovery process.
‼️ HINT: Recovery Volunteers can expect to commit to helping with at least one Recovery Café session each week, each café session lasts approx. 4-5 hours!
- A new group in Bo’ness who will soon provide free journeys to people travelling from Bo’ness to receive cancer treatment at a range of hospitals are beginning to recruit and prepare Volunteer Drivers and Volunteer Coordinators for the service starting in 2022. If you’re a driver with your own car, or you’d like to help receive enquiries, match people with volunteer drivers and help to coordinate this valuable service, one of these roles might be a great fit for you!
‼️ HINT: Whilst this service won’t begin until 2022 the group would be delighted to hear from people interested in helping and to discuss in more detail what is involved in each role!
- A national organisation who provide support to people with learning disabilities, autism and age-related needs are recruiting volunteers to help in their Falkirk area services (based in Longcroft and Bainsford). They would like to hear from people interested in the following roles: Community Volunteer, Volunteer Admin Assistant and Volunteer Gardener. The Community Volunteer will provide support to directly to people who use services, whilst the Volunteer Admin Assistant and Volunteer Gardener will support other areas of the services.
‼️ HINT: All volunteers in these roles will all receive a service induction and a range of other training and learning opportunities!
- Are you a good listener with an empathetic, professional and methodical approach to tasks and working with others? These are the skills and qualities needed for becoming a Volunteer Advocate, helping vulnerable adults with M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) – we’d love to hear from you if this sounds like a good fit for you!
‼️ HINT: Volunteer Advocates should expect to commit approx. 2 hours per week to this role!
- Calling local drivers with their own vehicles! A local project based in the Howgate Shopping Centre, Falkirk are looking for Volunteer Drivers to help them collect food that would otherwise go to waste from local supermarkets, so it can be used by local people – helping with both food poverty and saving waste! If you could help on Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday morning – get in touch!
‼️ HINT: Volunteers will use their own vehicle for this role and will be reimbursed for this at a rate of 45p per mile!
- Friendly, chatty home-based volunteers who can check in regularly by phone with veterans who are experiencing vision impairment needed! Folk who love a good blether, this could be the role for you – you’ll call veterans who have said they would benefit from receiving calls from a Volunteer Telephone Befriender, and you will receive plenty of support and training from the organisation so you can carry out the role to the best of your ability.
‼️ HINT: This home-based role could be a good option for someone who would like to help but aren’t feeling up to being out and about in the community yet!
Contact us if you’d like to get started with one of these roles, by phone: 0300 311 9700, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for something more specific in the Falkirk and surrounding areas and can’t find it in the results above? Please don’t hesitate to contact our team here at Volunteer Falkirk via the contact details above.