Once you have entered your location above, please then select it again from the dropdown results before clicking “Search”.
Welcome to the search engine for volunteering within Falkirk!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most volunteering opportunities and roles have been suspended.
However, as restrictions are lifted more opportunities are becoming become available, with organisations seeking volunteers more than ever to support their activities. Please check out this page on a regular basis as we highlight the opportunities coming online, including:
- A large national organisation working in the field of health are looking for volunteers for 2 local roles: ‘Community Connectors’ and ‘Retail Volunteers’ for their Grangemouth shop. The Community Connector volunteers will undertake research in their own home, using their own IT equipment, that will contribute to the fundraising aims of the organisation. The Retail Volunteers will be able to help out with all aspects of the charity shop, including working as part of a team and providing an excellent level of customer service.
‼️ HINT: Both of these roles would suit someone who is keen to actively contribute to the fundraising aims of the organisation so they can continue to provide their valued services and activities!
- A small local organisation operate a shop selling pre-loved books in the Howgate Centre in Falkirk Town Centre, which helps them to fundraise to support their services. They would like to hear from volunteers who can help them in store, which is open between 10am – 4pm from Monday to Saturday.
‼️ HINT: Volunteers for this role will be committed to providing an excellent level of customer service in a retail environment and will be fairly IT literate as they will be required to operate the shop’s IT system which syncs up with their online book store!
- A Scouts group in Bo’ness need a volunteer Explorer Scout Leader who will manage and support the provision of an Explorer unit (Explorers have members aged 14-18) in Bo’ness, ensuring that a programme of activities is provided to all of the young people who participate in the group.
‼️ HINT: This role requires someone who can offer to take on a fair bit of responsibility and commitment, and interested volunteers are very welcome to have a chat with the Scouts member who oversees the role in the first instance to check it is a good fit for them!
- Another role with the Scouts – this time in the Larbert area! Volunteers are needed to join a team of local Beaver, Cub and Scout Leaders who aim to make their programme of activities as wide and varied as possible for their youth members. As well as being rewarding and fun, it is a very social and friendly team with training and experience that can support skills for life.
‼️ HINT: The team of Leaders at this Scout group work together to plan activities and lead on a ‘jobshare’ basis so this could be a great opportunity for someone who would appreciate the extra support this provides!
- A national charity who offer support for people with eating disorders and their families are now seeking recruiting volunteers to join their Board of Trustees. They would particularly welcome volunteers with knowledge and experience of the following areas of work: Income Generation, and Digital Solutions and Innovation.
‼️ HINT: This organisation welcomes volunteers with lived experience of eating disorders but ask that they have been fully recovered for at least two years before taking on any volunteer role!
- Girlguiding Scotland are interested in hearing from people who would like to volunteer their time to help at local Groups, as they safely reopen to members, old and new, with the easing of COVID restrictions.
‼️ HINT: This organisation prefer volunteers to find out more, and note their interest in volunteering, directly through the GirlGuiding Scotland website!
Contact us if you’d like to get started with one of these roles, by phone: 0300 311 9700, or email: email@example.com
Looking for something more specific in the Falkirk and surrounding areas and can’t find it in the results above? Please don’t hesitate to contact our team here at Volunteer Falkirk via the contact details above.