Once you have entered your location above, please then select it again from the dropdown results before clicking “Search”.
Welcome to the search engine for volunteering within Falkirk!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most volunteering opportunities and roles have been suspended.
However, as restrictions are lifted more opportunities are becoming become available, with organisations seeking volunteers more than ever to support their activities. Please check out this page on a regular basis as we highlight the opportunities coming online, including:
- A voluntary group who develop sport opportunities for local people with physical, sensory or learning disabilities want to hear from people who would like to volunteer with them as a Fundraising Committee Member, before the closing date of Friday 18th June. This volunteer will support the group coordinator by sourcing income through funding applications, grants, commercial support, donations and benefactors, and will have already have experience of these activities.
‼️ HINT: This volunteer should be able to commit to attending 6 Branch Committee meetings per year, as well as attending other fundraising meetings and completing other activities that are a core part of the role!
- A project that helps local people who have a learning disability socialise and make new friends safely would like to recruit volunteers to help them as they return to holding in-person activities again. It’s important that people who would like to volunteer in either their ‘Event Volunteer’ role or their ‘Volunteer Chaperone’ role are friendly, kind and patient, especially when working with people who have varied communication or mobility needs.
‼️ HINT: The days and times you help can be flexible, but a commitment of 2 hours per week is requested from each volunteer!
- This is one for our local animal lovers! A local organisation dedicated to the welfare of Falkirk and Forth Valley felines have several current volunteer roles: Community Cat Champion Volunteer, Photo & Video Volunteer, Social Media Volunteer, Transport Volunteer and TNR Volunteer.
‼️ HINT: We can provide you with more information about any of these roles on request so you can choose the best opportunity for you!
- Community Coach volunteers are needed at a local football club, they will help by: supporting with the planning and delivery of activity sessions, setting up equipment, helping with maintenance and upkeep of their facilities. They will also have the opportunity to provide support at festivals and tournaments and get involved with teams, participation and pre-school programmes.
‼️ HINT: The club provide a range of training opportunities for the volunteer/s in this role – including up to level 1.3 on the SFA Coach Education Pathway!
- A local radio station needs a volunteer Treasurer with experience of financial management to join their Board/Committee – the Treasurer will oversee the organisation’s finances and report back on these to the Committee at monthly meetings and prepare accounts for their annual AGM, as well as other related tasks.
‼️ HINT: For this role, the commitment required will be around 8 hours per month!
- If you are a tech savvy digital native who is comfortable using a variety of social media platforms, and you have a couple of hours per week to give to a local sports group then this Social Media Volunteer role might be for you! The role includes creating and scheduling social media content, and working with the group to develop their social media presence.
‼️ HINT: Most current social media is on Facebook and Twitter platforms but the right volunteer might have ideas about how to further promote the group’s activities to a wider audience!
- An international organisation who are dedicated to making sure that children have a hot meal whilst in their place of education want to hear from Falkirk folks who would like to join them as a Community Volunteer. These volunteers help to raise funds and awareness of the organisation using a variety of methods, such as organising local fundraising events, speaking to local groups about how they can help, promoting fundraising campaigns in their community, and more!
‼️ HINT: New volunteers can join an existing local group of Community Volunteers so they can work together on their voluntary activities, if they wish to!
- A community group in the Stenhousemuir area need volunteers who are free regularly on a Monday between 09:45am and 1:15pm to help with their Food Pantry service. Volunteers must have a friendly and welcoming manner and be physically fit enough to do some lifting and carrying of food items as they will help with the deliveries of donated food items and stocking these, as well as other general Pantry duties including some cleaning and tidying.
‼️ HINT: Volunteers should be able to commit to helping for at least 3 months so they have the chance to settle in to their role and build relationships with the Pantry users!
- A national organisation would love to hear from more local people who would like to help them as Volunteer Drivers: these volunteers must be aged between 25 and 70, have a full driving license and be able to commit to regularly helping patients get to and from the Renal Unit at Forth Valley Royal Hospital in Larbert.
‼️ HINT: We think this would be the right role for you if you are a chatty, welcoming and outgoing person who can make others feel at ease!
Contact us if you’d like to get started with one of these roles, by phone: 0300 311 9700, or email: email@example.com
Looking for something more specific in the Falkirk and surrounding areas and can’t find it in the results above? Please don’t hesitate to contact our team here at Volunteer Falkirk via the contact details above.