We can’t quite believe it’s nearly Easter time already, Spring has sprung and our third sector and local communities are helping to create some safe Easter fun all over the Falkirk area!
Many of the activities in your local community will be organised and led by volunteers – you might remember Camelon volunteer Craig’s Easter Dash from last year – and we would like to extend our thanks to everyone involved in bringing some Easter cheer to their communities at this difficult time (this year and last), it really is appreciated.
We’ve gathered here a range of opportunities to get involved in your community’s Easter activities, the full list is available below:
Many groups and organisations who support families with food and other essentials are collecting donations of Easter eggs that they will give out to local children to enjoy.
If you would like to donate some Easter treats, or request some for your own family, you can find the contact details of the group in your area who provide food and other services to their local community on the CVS Falkirk website.
We recommend that you check in to your local group’s social media platforms in the run up to Easter as well so you can be sure to find the most up to date information about their Easter plans! If you don’t already, you can also follow CVS Falkirk on Facebook as we will share and highlight specific opportunities or requests for local help there too.
- Kersiebank Community Project will be hosting the Easter Bunny on Saturday 3rd April, in Grangemouth Town Centre – the Easter Bunny will have treats for passers by of all ages!
- KLSB Community Pantry will hold their Easter “Eggsstravaganza” on Good Friday, 2nd April, from 12-2pm – take the kids along to the Pantry at 17 King Street, Stenhousemuir for a free egg from KLSB’s big Easter egg giveaway!
- Camelon Community Hub are running an “Easter Book Fairy” project, alongside their work to bring Easter treats to the kids of Camelon, check out their social media to find out more about where the Book Fairy will visit!
- Roots Food Bank in Bonnybridge are getting ready for Easter, but they need your help! Bonnybridge, Banknock and Denny residents can enter their competition to choose creative names for the Roots Easter Bunny and his 2 Rooster helpers!
- The Day Today shop on Alloa Road, Stenhousemuir had a very special visit from the Easter Bunny and have 500 Easter eggs that need a home – they need the help of their local community to let them know who would really love to receive one of these chocolate treats!
- Forth Environment Link have got you covered for a zero-waste Easter, they have some post-Easter online events lined up to help you get creative with your leftovers – join them on Facebook live on Wednesday 7th April to find out how to make Hot Cross Bun Fruit Crumble, or on Wednesday 14th April to knock up a Leftover Easter Egg Fridge Cake!
- National Trust for Scotland have some simple Easter crafting ideas and a recipe for delicious Egg-cellent Easter Cupcakes for you to try!
- Poundstretcher have created, and made available for anyone to print from their website, a set of fun clues for your very own Easter Egg hunt!
- Parent Club have a list of very creative ideas to keep busy over the Spring holiday, including making a mini golf course, and going on a virtual day trip!
If you think we missed anything going on your community, please contact our team by email: